Starcraft II: Release date in debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keevan 0
Non-Administrating Community Manager

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Everybody remember the merge between Activision and Blizzard? Activision is known for its best selling games like the Call of Duty series, RockBand, Guitar Hero, and more. Blizzard's servers are so huge that they take up a piece of the Internet itself, mostly because of World of Warcraft.
This multi-billion dollar merge is making a sequel to their best-selling 1998 RTS title, Starcraft.

If you have never played Starcraft (like me), you can expect the forumula to be just like Age of Empires and Command and Conquer: Gather, build, and conquer. According to Gamespot.com, Starcraft, although it didn't have anything new, did the best job with this formula.
What will be new? Well, the Acitivision side of "ActiBlizz" says that Starcraft: II won't be available before 2010. Blizzard, however, does not play the release date game. They release the game when their done making it. If you're a half-full kind of player, there might be a trickle of hope for you yet.
Since the game's formula is so similar to the AoE series, why not hope for clan support and start a branch? To be honest, RTS is what we do best.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Toddster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3148

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 am

They were saying Fall 2009...I hate Blizzard...it's taking too long to make this game.

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 am

The bad thing about them waiting is that by the time the game comes out, all their graphics and s*** they perfected are outdated again. But I dont agree with Starcraft being the best :Gather Build Conquer AoE is better IMO because the economy is more complex as are the buildings. Command and Conquers is similar to Starcrafts economy also. The building in the three games is "similar" (they are way different time period setups) and the massing units is the same except AoE has a complex counters system to think about. Stronghold 2 has a complex system too. Who did you get that fact from Keevan?

AoE has always had the best formula imo, and most complex counters system Ive seen too.

Anyways.. I doubt its going to be too much different from the original other than graphics fixes.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 am

Yeah, AoE has had the best eco system i have ever seen, but i need to give it to Command and Conquer for the feeling of power. having 30 musks kill a bunch of pikes just isnt the same as useing your Huge lazer cannnon to blow up a huge tank and some buildings. If they can mix the eco of Aoe and the strength of CnC, they got gold.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:24 am

If Shawn was here.. Cossacks 2 battles mixed with AoE Eco has everything beat. I dont know how you would do an eco on a game In the future or present because of how many resources are actually used. Cossacks has it down to 5, but it should be 6. As for today it would be at least 10 different resources, which is way too many for a good eco game.

First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:26 am

Hmm...You could have Energy, Oil, Metal, Money. Energy to power buildings + make stuff, Oil for units, metal for units and buildings, money for all-porpose use. What else would there be?
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:36 am

Hmmm... Would tell youe verything about the game. but dont think you would wanna listen to me >.>
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:42 am

Coal, Iron, Petroleum

Coal For the energy
Iron to make certain things
Petroleum to run things
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:26 am

BassetMan wrote:
Who did you get that fact from Keevan?
As I said in my article, that's gamespot's opinion.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:50 am

Wow Gamespot is really biased.

First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 pm

its not gamespot thats biased, but whoever wrote the article.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Its indirectly Gamespot because 1: they hired the guy to write it 2: they posted it AFTER reading it.

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Well Gamespot writes reviews that they think would help a gamer decide if he/she wants to buy a game or not. The reviewer obviously feels that Starcraft would appeal to players who like C&C and AoE.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Mainly C&C as Starcraft and C&C are very similar imo.

First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:45 pm

True true. I never played any other RTS that seemed similar to any AoE game.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:54 am

Yea AoE is very distinct. The Home City Shipments is the most distinctive part though.

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft II: Release date in debate   

Back to top Go down

Starcraft II: Release date in debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1