New Trailer - Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toddster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3148

PostSubject: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:39 am

Please leave comments on the new trailer for REL in this post.

Thanks

Non-Administrating Community Manager

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:11 am

What's the link again?
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Keevan 0

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:16 am

kk, got it, sorry.
It's very impressive, flashy, especially in high quality. It will certainly attract new members. I look forward to viewing the next trailer, whenever it may be released.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:19 am

Todd. You suck at making movies. The End.

Jk. Good job looks much better than the last one.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:05 am

I plan to release a new movie for REL each few months...Not to advertise the clan as such, but more so the latest news.

REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:07 am

I'm disappointed todd.

Cons,
Hardly learned a thing about the clan
Was long and had way to many clips
Had barely any AOE which is our base of operations the clan we were we came from
When text did show up it was far too small and you couldn't wait till it left the screen

Pros,
Very enteraining
STRONG ending
Showed that we are a very diverse clan
Professional

Summing it up,

Todd you definitly did a good job, and proved yourself a very capable producer. But I am very disappointed, the video was entertaining (except towards the end it almost died) and had a very strong ending (thank god), but the video did too much of entertainment and not enough of actualy advertising the clan. Because the text was small and down at the corner of the screen I found that after reading the text I had missed what was going on in the screen, I felt the need to see it and therefore had to rewind it making me just a bit angry that I had spent my time reading that boring text instead of watching the trailer.

In closing, I say this video did a great job of entertainment but lacked in advertising the clan. Which is sad because isn't that the job of a trailer? I think that this video will do a good job of making people proud of this clan. On the other hand I don't think it will make anyone join the clan. It told me so little... I hope we have another way to pull these members in, cause this comercial isn't going to cut it.

----------------------------------------

Not quite closing the post just yet....

Improvements. Isn't that the point of criticizing? To get better? Now todd if your feeling bad at all don't! That trailer was amazingly done! It really was a lot of fun to watch how your skills have improved to a whole new level... actually you skipped a few levels todd lol. In order to improve it for next time I suggest doing the following.

1. More information
The point of a commercial is to be very informative, to get you interested. While it got me interested, it sure didn't inform me. I suggest finding as much information as you can and posting it.

2. General Information
What this means is that you shouldn't say things like... we have 150 members! Because when you do its basically a lie. The numbers are always changing and so new members may be disappointed, may feel like they have been mislead and feel that this clan isn't honest. On the other hand if we had a larger level they may feel like we aren't updating things and we are frankly a very inactive clan. Both are bad.

3. Improve how you present the information
Because you made this so entertaining nobody wants to read the small text at the bottom and miss the action! If they do, they feel disappointed that they read it and they rewind it so they can watch it again. This is annoying. I suggest either making the text bigger and putting it at the middle of the screen. Of course we could also blank the screen out and then put text on it. I really don't recommend this though. Because this trailer is so long thanks to the music that we can't edit, we cannot have it blanking out so much. That's rather annoying in commercials if its done too much, if you haven't noticed....

4. AOE!!!!!!!
This is our home, this is our main clan. I do want us to become diverse and move with the times. But we NEED to show a ton of AOE. Its were we came from, its were we are, and its were we hopefully forever will be.

5. Boring!
Yes, the beginning was very entertaining, yes so was the ending. But towards the center things just got boring as hell (more of towards then end of the middle). I suggest switching things up, trying something new. Because eventually all that flash gets boring and over used. I suggest switching things up a bit to keep people on their toes.

6. Ending credits
The ending credits were rather annoying. If you want to display that little information please just blank the screen and post it all there, if not, then please put more information in. Also because it was to the side it felt... off balance. One side was colorful and entertaining, the other side was bland and boring. This either needs to be balanced off, or we need to blank the screen and post it there

Now we can't just tell you how to improve if we leave out what we need to keep seeing. Many a game I have seen were they had something good going, and they just got ride of it and made me depressed. For those who play Star Wars Battlefront. The first game they came out with allowed you to pilot ships on planets, Star Wars Battlefront II only allowed you to pilot in space (and Hoth). That was very disappointing. In AOE I can't really think of anything I miss. AOE is a very well created game and it never got ride of the good stuff. But I'm sure you can think of a few games that made a mistake similar to Star Wars Battlefront or other games.

Things I liked and things to keep

1. Flashy
The video was very flashy and entertaining! I enjoyed it very much.

2. Entertaining
All those clips were very entertaining and enjoyable.

3. Music went with the clips
Some more then others.... but generally all the clips wasn't too fast and wasn't to slow. They went with the music and the trailer and the music was in a very good sync. This is a hard thing to find in music videos these days. You did this trailer well!

4. GREAT ending!
The ending was simply spectacular. Just as I thought this trailer was dead here comes your ending! Now I'm not saying this justifies your middle. But it sure did resurrect things! This ending gave me a good feeling as I closed the screen rather then a "what a waste of time" feeling.

Well There's my review. I guess just summing it up again... It was very entertaining and a great video! But it lacked in what its purpose originally was, to explain and advertise the RELU clan.
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:18 am

WOW nice post charles, id hate to edit it Razz

Quote :
4. AOE!!!!!!!
This is our home, this is our main clan. I do want us
to become diverse and move with the times. But we NEED to show a ton of
AOE. Its were we came from, its were we are, and its were we hopefully
forever will be.

I agree here, aoe is our home + mother clan, WE NEED STRONGER EMPHASIS ON IT!!
+ MORE THAN 45 seconds on it Wink

The 'credits' really suck, take too much of the screen, not late enough.

Did NOT mention the address of our website OR forum :redface: :redface: :redface:

But other than that, its good Smile
Not great, but good.

Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:22 am

Constructive criticizm is OK Charles,.......!!!! Shocked

EDIT: Just watched it myself. Laughing
It's good left thumb up But saying 80% are active is abit overexaggerated...?
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Well our job is to be more active. It's a good video, but it looks like it was made as a sneak peek for a clan. It didn't give me the feeling that I'll be missing out on anything if I didn't join. Whatever, we keep learning. Not a bad job though, definitely showed effort.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Has anyone noticed that we've had more "Guests" online after the trailer...? I\'m Seriously shock
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Quote :
Has anyone noticed that we've had more "Guests" online after the trailer...? I\'m Seriously shock

Have we?

I noticed about the same amount, but then again I rarely look there Neutral

Ill put a guest message up Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 pm

I saw 3 guests online earlier today. Very Happy

(Yesterday for you.)
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:30 am

Naturally more people are going to visit the site if they saw the video. Well, not that many people.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 am

Huh, more guest members? Definitly somethinng to look into.
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:43 am

yes, there has been many new guests popping up lately, its good to see some interest in the forum Smile

Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:29 am

Well heres my opinions.

I did notice that there wasnt enough of AOE in it which is important because its RELS birth place and most of our clan members are from it.

I think instead of 1 song maby you could have played more than one and just had shorter clips of the music, if that made sense lol. If not I personally think the music Charles suggested would have been better.

Unlike every1 else I thought what you did with the credits was nice it still showed the video and rolled the credits at the same time which is nice I enjoyed that part of it.

The writeing was to small to read and could have included more information about REL.

I loved the ending how Total war ended the video it was a great ending.

This is just a personal note but I had no idea what any of those games were but AOE and Total War and didnt even know of any of the others.

I did like it Todd you did good keep it up

Wink

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer - Comments   Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 am

Games that were included:

AOE3
Empires Total War
Bioshock
Burnout paradise
Killzone 2