Share | 

Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keevan 0
Non-Administrating Community Manager
Non-Administrating Community Manager

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:05 am

Posted by Brian Leahy - Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:48 PM

Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade as the new President's staff moved into the White House only to find outdated technology.

Bill Burton, an Obama spokesman, said it was like going "from an Xbox to an Atari," which I guess means that the White House is rendered in 2D and only has one button... Also, the White House is totally an Xbot.

The President's staff, used to working on Macs, found six year-old Microsoft software waiting for them. That is at least after Windows Me, which would have explained so much about the Bush presidency. They also found laptops to be short in supply and are finding themselves less mobile than they'd like.

Part of the reason for the old technology is to ensure that everything done by the President and his staff is preserved under the Presidential Records Act.

I think this just exemplifies a problem with the government as a whole. The private sector has updated its computers as the technology has improved, but the government is still lagging behind. They still use paper. PAPER! Part of Obama's plan is to modernize the government and speed up processes that waste money. Let's hope he can do that while still adhering to the laws and regulations in place. This would also involve training a lot of government employees on new systems, which will end up costing a lot of money.

They probably can't even run Crysis.

Haha... Well I'd expect the president to have, like, motion detectors and voice key encriptions and touch screens and all that great stuff. Let's just hope Obama can run our country just the same without technology, or at least good technology.

Source: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/692630/Obama-Spokeman-Calls-Outdated-White-House-Tech-Like-Going-From-Xbox-to-an-Atari.html#readmore

Last edited by Keevan 0 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : italicized)
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:28 am

LOL
I thought bush had the best technology that came out.

Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 am

wow... ah this comes as a shock... I hope the CIA at lest has the latest and greats XD
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:53 pm

What do you really need the best technology for, even if you're workin' for the earth's mightiest person..?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 am

Wow...now that is weird.

Nice find.
Back to top Go down
http://relforum.forumn.org
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:09 am

Keevan 0 wrote:
They probably can't even run Crysis.

Dude, Crysis is a mad-resource hog. running hat game on max graphics is suicide.
But yeah. a little add-on, Obama originally got his Blackberry taken away and was given an ugly secret phone for president business. BUT, he got his Blackberry back, with an encryption chip. just a sign that the white house will soon be a giant computer.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 am

Oh well.....

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:54 am

yes lets modernize the white house while the economy fails... good idea... if bush was somehow managing i gues its possible...

as u guys should kno i dont like obama (bush was a failure too) altho i wish him the best for the countries sake

now does it matter if they got supercomputers or not? not really.. i mean they could run on a comp like mine which is relatively inexpensive at $900 now on dells site and is a laptop.. now since they r the government they will waste an extra grand or 2 on something unneeded which is gunna piss me off.. and not a grand or 2 altogether.. im talkin like per person cuz thts how it always works..

..otherwise they can upgrade...

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade   

Back to top Go down

Obama's Web 2.0 administration might be getting a downgrade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1