View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toddster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3148

PostSubject: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:02 am

This is a very serious topic, and if spammed, warnings will be given straight out.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for forcing you to read this, but it's important, thanks.

As we are in the new year, it's time to look at what we could improve on this year. Our small community here is doing quite well, now we want to discuss with all of your what we can do better and what ideas everyone has.

Post all your suggestions and questions here, everything is very welcome.

Also everyone who wants to do some work here or take a special role on the website can post it here, for example users who wants to write news-article, post strategies, discuss replays, or anything else is very welcome, the staff always needs new blood.

In case I forgot to mention anything or something is unclear, ask or other staffers feel free to illustrate more.

Have fun!

Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 am

I think we need to get more ppl in here.

And also I think sum1 should have like a type of article kind alike u said.

Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 am

Id also like to add something to todd's post

Along side with the writers, for poems or stories for us all, they would be in their own special group.

but, there are other things that we'd like to do this year, as its our turning point in RéŁ with a new Canadian leader, there are going to be (In due time) a few things change in the forum.

--------------------------end of admin talk-------------------

-user talk

Now, id like to suggest that we start a room for debating, some people have already asked for it, there are also a few debates happening in the "everything" room, and I personally know I would really like to see it happen.

Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 am

yes a debate room is good, only if kept under check. too much can lead to fights.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 am

Hmm..I think Polar would be great for all our "tech news" topics, as he seems to be with it.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 am

DOUBLE POST:

For every new game we support, we are also going to be putting something related to that game on our LOGO for about a month.

I have had these made up for a few weeks now, and the DOWII one will be on next week, once the BETA is out.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 pm

I like it Todd. clapping

I'd also like to suggest a 'Head-recruiter' who would send a report, of how many people every officer has recruited, weekly, to the leader. (Canadian).
The 'Head-recruiter' would also have to be active, especially when it comes to recruiting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Thats not a bad idea... not only would we now get weekly reports of recruiting. And not only would we be able to tell who was recruiting....

But it would also get people on here! Very Happy

A big problem is getting people to stay on here. We need a way to motivate them.... maybe a new rank? For instance instead of just "Member" we add a new rank to the system which basicaly means nothing. But when people are promoted to it their names aren't just black they don't feel discouraged they feel like they are part of the group!

I know its a little stupid but trust me a good pat on the back can go a long way...

But probably the best way this, I think, is to get them being the center of a topic. The introduction topic is supposed to do that but instead it fails as it usualy turns into spam within 2 pages. So we need a new way to accomplish that goal. What we could do is put more info into the introduction. "Tell us something about yourself", "where do you work" we could ask him questions and just keep the conversation on him. Then we need a positive way to lock the topic. Such as "Well once again welcome to the clan! Its been good getting to know you, now we want to see you on some of the other topics!"

Our main problem though is getting people on here. What I have tried in the past is spamming the message board with it, waiting on the clan site and as soon as it says "so and so join channel Royal Empires League United" Then I'll find them in the clan and whisper them and ask them to join. Both of these have been HIGHLY uneffective. We need to find a new way to get these guys online.

We just need them to be encouraged. We need them to be starting topics. And we need some topics to have them as the center of attention...

I think that the reports that Kong was talking about will be a great way to make sure that our officers are doing their job. In my personal oppinion thats the hardest thing to do. I don't know what their doing! I don't know if their slacking off and not doing their job! So I don't demote them, and instead turns out they are slacking off where as other members deserved that more then them.

Sorry for this Long reply guys.

Summery is that I believe that Kong has a good idea. And we need to get these members the center of attention. Theirs nothing better to keep you talking when its all about you, or when its about something you know a lot of......
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I didn't 100% get it; did you actually tell all/many members of the clan to join the forums? I've thought abou that too, and thought it would work. But obviously it didn't.

In one of my previous clans the leader made 5 divisions (He gave'em crazy, japanese names, 'cause he was a manga-geek, I'd say it was more of an diagnosis than an interest! Shocked ), each one had a specific task they had to do. One of'em were this 'Head-recruiter', but the clan died before we got it work really, as it expanded faster than we fill in members.

EDIT: Should this be in the VIP section?
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 pm

I think that we should also start advertising the clan on other forums. it seems that it has worked with Darren, bringing in a couple members that are fairly active. also, it may be that us as a clan have lots of discussions going on with only a few members. we should get old members to join back in as well as new ones. We have around 100 or so registered members on the forum, but only about 10 of them are actually on.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 pm

What forums do you guys visit? I have posted our clan on the DOW2 forums and we got about 5 members...but they never posted too much.

Non-Administrating Community Manager

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 pm

When it comes to Tech News, it sounds really cool. If Polar isn't set on doing it, I'd love to do something like that.

I'm editor-in-chief for my school newspaper and I'm very up-to-date when it comes to things "techy".

As for Polar's idea, I agree. We have to keep putting pressure on our registered members, send messages, and if they never respond, kick them. A 3-digit number means nothing if only 10 people are on at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Todd, nice logo's.

polarsun and keevan, than you for informing us all, about ur interest in "techie" new/things, I shell be considering to talk to todd about adding a special rank called "techie" or something similar.

As for getting people back, it is more difficult than you think it is.
Ex: have you ever thrown a cat up in the air, and saw it fly?
That's how impossible it is to get some people back.

As for making "members' that have the default color black, I am unsure as to if we can change that.
To my knowledge if you wish to have someone's colour changed, they have to be in a group, like the moderation group.

Charles' idea for "special duties" and "weekly updates" I like it, and canadian should think about it, as it could dramatically increase our population here on the forum.

I have yet another idea,
sort of like charles' one.
each member has their OWN special duty and THEY HAVE TO report it what happened in here, for that week.

I myself, am thinking about a few rank change's here in the forum.
As you can see Todd has had a rank change, he is still admin, but has a higher purpose that admin, which is "rel leader" and i made him a special rank, in which he didn't like so he made his current one.

So, if you have ANY suggestion please post them. and i will consider them.

Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 am

Yes, the Rank changes would be better. You could Have Ranks like " Aoe3 Leader" or "DOW2 leader" etc.

I would also be glad to report on any Tech stuff. idk exactly what you mean though.

the special duties idea is a good one, but it could scare away some newer members. it sounds alot like homework.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 am

I'm talking about things like this:

In its today's official press-release, NVIDIA announced a release of the new generation of GeForce GTX 200 family graphic cards based on the second generation of the unified visual computational architecture - GeForce GTX 280 and GeForce GTX 260. The first sample of the video card built on the GeForce GTX 280 chip has already been to our test lab, and we are looking forward to sharing our first test results with the readers, and our impressions of NVIDIA's new architecture.

Prior to moving to the graphs and findings, we introduce you to the description of the architecture of GeForce GTX 200 family graphic chips, as well as new NVIDIA's new and renewed technologies, and a number of new initiatives first announced in our today's review. For those who are impatient and can't help scrolling down to the conclusions, we'd like to point out the following: this time, NVIDIA has not only announced a renewed architecture, but in some way a new philosophy of the graphic architecture with far-reaching consequences.

Stuff like that.

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:30 am

I'm sorry Todd, I'm confused, did you copy and paste that?
But yah i know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:31 am

oh. ok, i guess i could be put to that. keevan as well if there are two spots open.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:36 am

I am still unsure about this Head Recruiter and all that but I am considering it(I really dont understand it) and I have had a few ppl ask about reviveing the council. Both of these will b taken into consideration.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:46 am

Oh yes guys. You of course can copy and paste...but have a SOURCE link down the bottom, which I forgot to put.

I am making a forum for you guys now. Very Happy

First Editor
First Editor

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 am

awesome. ok, what else can we do to improve REl in '09
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:03 am

What's the word on a Rel ranking system? Is it just for the site? What will the responsibilities be? Are we even going through with it?

BTW the first topic for our new category has been posted.
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:06 am

I'm still thinking about the debating rooms Wink

anyways, im also thinking about mixing up the current groups that we have.
Arrow Where's charles when u want him? :cat:

Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:45 am

darren I'm not talking about just changing their color. maybe putting them into a group!

Like IDk.... maybe we could great groups like.... Movie lovers. or..... Job owners. They could have their own topics and could talk about the stuff they love too do.

Or maybe just something to were they post 50 times and they get a new meaningless rank like Senior Member?

I just felt very discouraged when I first joined cause I was a member and their were so few of those. I wanted to stand out like the applicant mods and the moderators.

So we need to find a way to make that happen!
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:10 pm

I kind of like it but then again you would have to think its kind of like saying some people coudlnt post about movies bcuz they wernt in that group or sumthing like that if you get what Im saying.

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:49 pm

I don't think your idea would be a good solution Charles, who knows...

As I have made an own thread about: Rank for amount of posts.
This will also make us be able to remove any kinda name-colors.
Only mods + admins will have some kinda special color, or something in that direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in 2009   

Back to top Go down

Changes in 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next