HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maikh

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:13 pm

I think I found something good now that the starting wood crates were nerfed.
Edit: The following of the post is changed because of the needed alterations to the strat now that I've played against real people.

This strat works best in great plains, against germany, france, iroquois and spain.

Discovery Age

1. Send 4 villagers to hunting, 2 vils to wood crates.
2. Build 3 houses.
3. When crates are over, send all vils to food.
4. Ship 3 vils.
5. Press age up with The Quartermaster (400 wood).

Note: gather as many treasures as possible, to get xp faster.

Transition

6. Send 3 vils to mining, 4 if you didn't start with any coin crates and you didn't collect coin treasures.
7. Send 4 vils to forward hunting.

Colonial Age

8. Collect 400 wood crates with 3 mining vils, then send them to mining again.
9. Build 1 barracks with the 4 forward vils, then another barracks after those are done.
10. Ship 5 jans.
11. Queue 5 jans at the barracks, then 5 in the second built barracks.
12. Attack with 15 jans.
13. Keep spamming jans from both barracks.
14. Ship 700 wood, as soon as it arrives, only forward vils on hunts, rest on mining, collect the wood, build forward artillery foundry and 4 houses, start spamming abus guns.
15. Ship 700 coin, collect it, spam abus guns or get to age 3.
16. Destroy tc, military buildings, outposts, houses, market and kill villagers.
17. If everything was done correctly, press ENTER, press g, press g, press Enter.

Fortress Age

In case the game gets at this stage, ship whatever you need, jans, abus, spahi, mameluke or cannons.

Notes:
Kill as much vils you can before they garrison at the town center. Then destroy stables if any, artillery foundries if any, barracks if any, town center, villagers, outposts (by this order).
The best time I've got so far was 15 jannisaries before 6 mins, attack at ~6 mins 10 seconds.
Don't use this against hard rushers, or weak slow rushes, because hard rushers attack before you and you can FF against weak slow rushes.
Be sure their vils don't run away, use the explorer too so he can scout the town for fleeing vils.
Be very careful with their raids, even if you've destroyed the tc, he'll try to kill your vils with uhlans, hussars, whatever, if he kills your vils and is able to rebuild, you lose.

Please tell if this is good or bad, if you like it, what can I do to make it better, add information, ask questions and to ask for unrated games.
If I get positive feedback, I'll post this on other forums.

Last edited by Maikh on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3148

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Very good strategy.

I will e sure to check it out when I find time. I think this should work, unless they turtle, which could really hurt your army. Then again, if you get those Abus Guns up fast enough, you can probably beat them or kill them easy.

But other than that, good strategy!

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks Todd.
A small change:

After 700 wood arrive, put ~6 vils on hunting and the rest mining. Build the artillery foundry close to the forward barracks, and build 4 houses at your base. Spam abus guns. Send them to attack if the enemy has light infantry or if you already have 10 of them. Ship 700 coin, light artillery hitpoints, 3 hussars if needed.

Another note:

If you need more houses, shift some vils to wood, but always produce units.
Be very careful about vils that run away from the town center, they can still gather resources and build military buildings.
Send the explorer too, scout with him for buildings and fleeing vils.
Before attacking, keep the explorer at the forward base, so you make sure they don't see it.

This strategy works well in 2vs2 when you have russian teammate, their forward blockhouse defends your forward vils and barracks, the strelets help with killing vils and enemy light infantry. 15 jans and lots of strelets attack by 6:15, I think it means gg.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:01 pm

I've always wanted to play as ottos but i suck so bad lol. so i'll give this a shot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maikh

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:03 pm

I've tried this 3 times against human players, it worked 2 times.

I must add other notes:

When/if you get to fortress, be sure to build more houses, mosque and get reduced vils training time and +vils max capacity upgrades.
Be sure to get as many treasures as possible, you need to ship in 5 jans ASAP and 700 wood ASAP as well.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:31 pm

great start, ill try it out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Please edit ur first post and put all ur additions in it Cool
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 am

one question.... in the game u lost to a human... waz it poor playing by u or did they actually counter it?

if they countered it wat did they do tht caused u to lose?

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:28 am

It was a 2vs2, my partner's didn't have a rushing civ, and one of the opponents was otto, so he defended his french partner, who FFed, so we were pretty much screwed up.
Another game I lost with this strat was because the sioux enemy raided me, I retreated to kill his raid and then he had 20 german xbowmen, which would be less and killed if I retreated the vils and ignored the sioux and attacked with the jans.
I should've done a Semi-FF or destroyed the germans anyway, that would force the sioux player to retreat the raid and it could've worked.
I lost a noob 2vs2 where everyone but me was noob but also japs, and I simply don't know what to do with japs, the next time I do a semi-FF and kill those ashigarus with 2 falcs.
So yeah, it was pretty much poor playing.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:21 am

lolz... japs spam ashis usually which hav no bonus on ur jans so tht matchup is pretty even... scout a jap player tho cuz if he makes yumis u need some hissars...

PostSubject: Re: TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush   

Back to top Go down

TAD 1.01a Janissary Rush
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1