Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Musketeers .... Pikemen .... Dragoons?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 pm

dude dragoons suck in HAND TO HAND.... ranges is where they get their attack... micro em

REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 604

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:22 am

well, i guess i'll just end up walling them. that could work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:53 pm

lol..... i hate when i play like a russian player and they like beat me in an area on the map and i send more men over there and they walled it up.... they wall up till they outside ur base practically.... whos had this happen to them?

REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:51 am

yeahh, this is why you have to love and hate trade routes. That russian defenses card - walls are like ZIP. but you just have to run your units through the trade route = faster than demolising walls
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:45 pm

muskets are the best aganist cav for brits
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:11 am

if you are coming up against hordes of ashigaru, and you have imperial redcoat muskets with all 3 musket/grenadier combat cards + the unique monastery improvements and the normal arsenal improvement aswell, so your muskets have 390 health and 56 attack.. which is pretty much as good as they get. BUT you have also sent yeomen and the hand inf arsenal improvement.. so you have imperial long bows also, who are improved in their stats by the yeoman card and their respective arsenal improvement... this is with no advanced arsenal though.

now, what should you make in this situation... literally he just spammed ashigaru, there was a little bit of carabineer from his consulate, but basically JUST ashigaru. So when they are both fully upgraded, which is better for fighting strong, heavy infantry?

got any walling techniques too?
last night i made the most amazing walls i had ever made, held out in a 3v1 where both my team mates resigned 1 1/2 hours in to a 40 min treaty for another 30 minutes. 30 minutes against 3 times as many troops is like :O. so basically they were good walls.

but you sound like a pretty good player, so do you have any techniques for finding the extremes in treaty walling. it can be a real pain finding that you can't wall around something because it's not close enough to your tc..
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Sorry this took so long to reply, i had internet problems for AWHILE. I think they have very close stats not sure the exact stats though so ill check. Yeomen arent good late game i would advice to stop using them at age 4 cuase they only can get up to 26 attack in age 4 and it doesnt get much better in age 5. Falconets, horse cannons,or rockets are for age 4 and up. Walling techniques umm... i really dont have anything special just wall up my base at least 3 or 4 times with a fort and outposts inside with some buildings outside. Also im hoping to make a british strat thread soon wiht some good strats cuase i dont think many people play them in the clan, but they are really good but also its only my opionion and they are my favorite civ, lol. But i would like to see more people get interested in them and use them and see that there are some rushes that are good with them.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:31 am

Ya heated I use them! But I kinda suck lol...... so those strats would help things quite a bit!
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 pm

lol. I think i played you once and you didnt suck. Or i could just be imagining that.... Anyways when i do make the thread, im going to start with a strat that uses common british units and i used when i first started out and was terrible. Of course ill impove it and it will be a lot better than when i first started. I think overall it is a good strat if you are decent.
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:45 am

my strat for treaty games is almost unmatchable economically.
i ALWAYS have the highest score going into the 40 minute mark.
i seem to suffer slightly in the military situation though..
this could be a thing i could pick up on.
i think my main problem is that i am too hesitant to push and leave my base undefended which means i end up just losing massive amounts of ground and eventually (after a LONG LONG time the enemy gets into my walls)

looking forward to your british strat thread.
thanks.
zellus
Back to top Go down
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 pm

well think of it this way.... ur whole army is pushing so unless he kills some of his vils he will need all his men bak keeping u outta his base... so technically if ur walled up it wouldnt b tht hard to kill them b4 they get in wit the small army they would use

REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 am

yeah, but i always get too scared and start to think that he is going to push faster (even when my walls are much better) and instead of making men at my fb i make them in my base. Sad
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Well i find that if you have 99 villigers, the two cards that make inf and cav train faster and the church impovements that also do that, you can push foward without having to worry about leaving your base undefended. After all you will have a military of 101 pop, the best eco the Brits can have, which is one of the best in the game, and can get your army(except artillery but you should always protect them with any civ) back in like 40 secs to 1 min(never timed it). Plus if you have 3 or 4 walls and your base is undefended, your opponent attacks while you are, you use the falling numbers to train at your base why he has to focus on yours or retreat to save his. russia can out train you though, but their army are weaker than yours escepially your muskets and hussars.
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:23 pm

I ALWAYS use the church improv plus horse riding card and fencing school card.
almost instant hussar and very fast musket. Plus i have advanced arsenal improvements aswell as the combat cards for each AND even the unique monastery improvements. Basically - my damage and power in relation to population becomes ridiculously amazing. Problem is that i always make fishing ships in order to secure myself spies by 30-40 minutes. And when i am deleteing these ships of before the end of treaty i always leave a few. so my pop isn't actually 99 villies - more like 110-115. Which isn't big but doesn't help.

Russia are really the only civ i have trouble defending against. Theut when my muskets are upgraded 1 1/2 muskets can kill a gendarme.

hope to see your thread soon.
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0
Non-Administrating Community Manager
Non-Administrating Community Manager

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Churches are underused...That's all I have to say...
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:14 am

churches are very useful buildings, idk why some don't build em.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 am

Ya I forget most of the time. But churchs are what make you good. That and tecs.
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 am

i make a church and arsenal every game.
improvements are usually underestimated by most players as the cost of them can be well used to make more soldiers.
however being a treaty player i am very accustomed to having to make my units as powerful in relation to population as possible.

churches are very important buildings.
a player who makes good use of his church, arsenal and capitol will always rule over one who doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 pm

arsenals are awesome, epically the advanced arsenal.
Back to top Go down
JUGGALOZAC
REL VIP
REL VIP

Number of posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 pm

5 miles worth of walls ftw! lol
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:34 am

f***ing russians...

EDIT HARALD: Edited for swearing. Why didn't the swear filter work here?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Against Russia i use muskets(of course) and hussars to counter their strelets, grenadiers, horse archers, Cossacks, muskets, halberdiers, and artilery. The only thing a musket/hussar strat doesnt beat is buildings. They are decent agaisnt them but can get them down fast like grenadiers or halberdiers.
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 am

that's why your musket hussar start is such a pain against a russian player who only needs like 3 muskets to get 3 forts up next to your base in 20 seconds.

i use petards. but i'm thinking of converting to mortars.
what's your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Petards are great for instead destruction, like vses a wall or to take down a tc. Mortars have great range especially if you are the Ports(have a card that increases mort range). If you need an instead boost use petards. For a constant attack like vses 3 forts next to each other or his fbs, use a small group(5 or 6) of mortars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Questions   

Back to top Go down

British Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next